PROCEDURES UPDATE 6.24.20
The Claremore High School Graduation Ceremony will be held outside at Lantow Field at 8:00 pm, Friday June 26.
- The two big gates on either side of the ticket booth on the home side will be opened at 7:00 pm.
- There will be red zebra circles on the ground to help you with 6 ft social distancing while waiting in line.
- Each graduate received 6 tickets, and you must have a ticket and enter together with the 6 members.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask upon entering the stadium. Upon entering, there will be teacher volunteers to assist you with water and programs.
- Upon entering the stands, there will be teacher volunteers that will direct your family to your seats to accomplish social distancing. We will start in the middle top and work down and out. Please listen and follow their instructions.
- There will be 2 teacher volunteers dedicated to assisting our handicapped guests. Please let the ticket taker know if you will need assistance or any other special assistance.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, teacher volunteers will dismiss you from the stands.
- No one will be allowed on the football field.
- Graduates will enter the gate on the east side with your cap and gown, Sioux Street.
- You are required to wear a mask.
- Remember, wear shoes that are stable for walking on the turf, no spike type heels.
- You will pick up your notecard with your name, and you will keep it until you cross the stage.
- Teacher volunteers will direct you to seating in the visitor stands to social distance before the ceremony.
- You will then enter the field to Pomp and Circumstance where you will remain standing until the end of the National Anthem.
- There will be red zebra circles on the ground to help with social distancing. There will be water under your chairs on the field.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, exit the gate that you entered. There will be a Grad Bash gift for you when you exit.
- All other directions will be given from the stage.
- Masks - They are required upon entering and exiting the stadium. We do ask that you bring your own. We will have some masks available, but not enough for everyone.
- Tickets are 1 for each person. Small children will not be allowed without a ticket.
- If the graduate did not pick up his/her tickets, they may be picked up at the ticket booth before the ceremony.
Extreme Immune Compromised
We are aware that some families fall into this category. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to lower the risks, but discourage anyone from attending that feels they should not be around others. With that being said, some of these people are the parents, and we are making arrangements for them. You may also watch it live on our Facebook or CPS Website. Please contact Mrs. Garroutte at 918-724-9545.
Commencement is a formal academic ceremony. Courteous behavior of all guests is necessary for a dignified graduation ceremony. Loud boisterous behavior including air horns detract from the ceremony and can prohibit the audience from hearing the name of their family member being announced as they walk across the stage and receive his/her diploma. As a courtesy to all CHS graduates and their guests please stay seated until the ceremony is over. The last graduate to cross the stage is as important as the first. We look forward to sharing Commencement with the friends and families of the class of 2020, an observance that will reflect the significance of their accomplishments and the pride we all feel on their behalf.
Thank you and GO ZEBRAS!
Class of 2020 Graduation
June 26, 2020 l 8:00 PM l Lantow Field
Procedures for Graduation to lower the risks of COVID-19 for our students and parents.
Each graduate will be allowed six (6) guests. Tickets may be picked up June 16, 4-6 pm outside the 400 hall door.
Everyone is required to wear a mask upon entering the stadium gates. Once seated with your group of 6, you may remove it.
Upon entering the front gates at Lantow field:
- Each graduate will be allowed 6 guests. 6 tickets will be given to each graduate.
- The two front gates will open at 7:00 pm, and the tickets will be received.
- All 6 guests should enter together and be escorted to the home side bleachers to sit as a group of 6, 6 ft from other family groups. Seating will start from the center stands out, and from top to bottom.
- Handicap seating will be located on the entire front row of the stands.
- Because we are grouping families together, a student will not be able to give extra tickets to other graduates.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, rows will be dismissed from the bottom to the top.
- Please respect social distancing protocols when entering and exiting the stands. Please wear a mask at this time.
- Only graduates and staff will be allowed on the football field.
- Do not congregate on the premises before or after the ceremony.
Graduates: We usually rehearse the graduation ceremony the morning of Graduation. We walk through a couple of times and practice walking across the stage, stopping for diploma cover, handshake, and picture. We are not allowed to do this so, please read your instructions carefully.
- Enter the stadium on the side gate that faces Sioux dressed in your cap and gown. No spike heels. (It will stick in the turf)
- At the table, get your notecard that has your name on it and hold onto it (It is for you to hand to Barb Bacon when crossing the stage).
- The graduate will be escorted to the visitor side to sit in stands 6 ft apart. Valedictorians will stay on the ground beside bleachers 6 ft apart. A faculty member will escort you to a place to sit or stand.
- It is important that you remain in that area until you are motioned to march onto the field.
- A faculty member will lead the march onto the field; please pay attention to the escort and where you are supposed to walk and sit.
- Graduates will march 6 ft apart from the visitor stands to pomp and circumstance to enter the football turf area where chairs will be at a 6ft radius. Everyone remains standing in front of their chair until the music stops and the National Anthem has played. At this point, you will turn to the crowd for a picture.
- The valedictorians will be called to the stage for their speeches: 1. Austin and Ella, 2. Blake and Blaine, then 3. Barb.
- When it is time to cross the stage, a faculty member will direct you.
- Crossing the stage: Hand your notecard to Barb Bacon while stating your full name aloud(this way she pronounces it correctly), a board member will hand you your diploma cover, a picture will be taken, and you will exit the stage and go back to your chair. There will be hand sanitizer available as you enter and exit the stage.
- After the ceremony, you will exit the football field area and stadium while social distancing. No one will be allowed on the football field once graduates have exited.