A letter was sent out via email tonight after the Claremore Public School approved a Mask Requirement Policy with Exemptions to all CPS families.
- go into effect on Wednesday, September 22, 2021;
- apply to all students, employees, and visitors;
- affect indoor events, during regular school hours on district property and Parent/Teacher Conferences;
- includes school buses to/from school and activities.
There are three opt-out exemptions relating to the mask requirement policy for staff and students:
- Religious belief
- Medical reasons
- Personal belief
OPT-OUT Procedures - If a parent/legal guardian or eligible student (age 18+) indicates wearing a mask is not possible due to stated exemptions, the parent/legal guardian or eligible student may request an exemption in writing by:
- completing this Google Form, or
- downloading this form, completing it, and turning it into the correct school site.
Please complete the form for each student attending CPS.
The temporary mask requirement will remain in place until whichever come first:
- The first semester of the academic school year has ended (Dec. 17, 2021).
- A subsequent court ruling reinstates SB 658 in full.
- The Board of Education either amends or ends the policy.
You may view the entire policy approved by the BOE here. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family, especially as we face this challenging situation together. Thank you for your support of Claremore.
Superintendent Bryan Frazier
Claremore Public Schools