1. Why did you go into Coaching? I got into coaching to make a positive impact on kids.
My coaches made a huge impact on me and I wanted to do the same thing for other
2. What is the most memorable coaching moment you have ever had? (Does Not have
to be football related)
There have been many memorable moments on the field, but
what really gets to me is when a former player comes back to see me.
3. What is your favorite moment from when you were an athlete either in high school or
I was fortunate to play with some great teammates and under some great
coaches. I got the opportunity to play in the All-State football game and I won a state
championship in the 110 Meter High Hurdles. I was blessed to get to play in college at
Missouri Southern. I still wear a Casio watch because our head coach, Jon Lantz, wore
4. What was the most embarrassing moment you had as an athlete or coach?
After losing a game, the opposing players were trying to dump a water bucket on their coach.
They missed him and hit me with all of it. It was pretty humbling.
5. What is the funniest thing you have ever experienced as a coach, something that
makes you laugh to this day?
Our head coach at another school strung up a huge catfish in the locker room before a big playoff game. He always called this other school fish heads because they were good for nothing. He started punching on the fish like Rocky in the meat processing facility. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing because I was a very young coach at the time.
6. What is the best excuse you have ever received from a player for not being at
I’m going school clothes shopping with my girlfriend.
7. What is your Favorite sports movie and why?
Jarreka and I like to watch the Rocky movies. I cry every time.
8. What is your favorite sports quote?
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.