1. Why did you go into Coaching?
I went into teaching and coaching because of my 8th Grade Pre-Algebra Teacher Mr. Hadley. He was also my football coach. I have known since the 8th Grade that I wanted to teach and coach because of him.
2. What is the most memorable coaching moment you have ever had? My most memorable moment coaching was winning a baseball game the day after one of my players had passed away. His teammates wanted to go ahead and play for him. During that game, his friend hit a walk-off double to beat Mounds and we all signed the ball and took it to the player's parents who passed the day before. Very emotional and memorable
3. What is your favorite moment from when you were an athlete either in high school or college? My favorite moment was my Junior year picking up a fumble and returning for a Touchdown against Vinita to win the game. Also, winning the Regional Wrestling Tournament as a 5th seed.
4. What was the most embarrassing moment you had as an athlete or coach?
It probably happened this weekend when I took a drink of my water in the hospitality room and choked and spit my water all over an official. Coach Chad Willard thought it was hilarious.
5. What's the funniest thing you have ever experienced as a coach, something that makes you laugh to this day?
Too many to count. My Welch football team doing the Bernie Dance on the 50-yard line after we won round one playoffs. The other team, Wetumka, faces were priceless!
6. What is the best excuse you have ever received from a player for not being at practice?
I had a kid tell me he needed to work on his Hoverboard and could not practice.
7. What is your Favorite sports movie and why? Major League, because of all the quotes from that movie.
8. What is your favorite sports quote?
Again, too many to count. "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical." - Yogi Berra