Mr. Jarrett Hurt (aka Coach)
Position: Claremore High School Assistant Principal and Head Football Coach
Career: Started teaching in 1996 and started at CPS in 2008
Thank you to all of our assistant principals for their leadership and direction in educating our students! This week is National Asst. Principals Week and we are extremely proud of our dedicated school administrators and their work in creating safe and successful school cultures. These thoughtful leaders have been instrumental as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic, always putting students first.
Let’s get to know them a little better and join us in taking some time to thank our assistant principals for everything they do!
Who is a mentor or role model who inspired you & why?
My parents are my mentors and role models. They are Christians. They treat everyone with respect and they love to serve others. They have a very positive outlook on life.
What legacy do you want to leave here at CHS?
I want the students and the staff members to remember me as a positive influence in their lives.
Who has been the most influential teacher in your career and why?
My high school football coach influenced me more than any other teacher. He also happened to be my dad. He is my hero on this earth. I've always wanted to be just like him.
What sets CPS apart from other schools?
CPS is unique. We set the standard for other school districts to follow. We really do care about kids and we put them first in everything that we do.
Favorite memory at CHS?
I have been able to watch my own two daughters come through CHS while working here. It's been a blessing. I wouldn't have wanted them to go to school anywhere else.
If you could tell the public anything about your job at CHS what would you want them to know?
I told my mom several years before coming to Claremore that Claremore would be my dream job. So, I'm so lucky because I'm living my dream.
Why did you choose to teach?
To make a positive impact on students. Get the deets…
Get the deets…
- Degrees: Bachelor's of Science in Business Education from Missouri Southern State College and Master's of Science in Secondary Administration from Pittsburg State University
- Certifications: Superintendent, Secondary Principal, and Business Education
- Awards - Valedictorian, All-State in Football and Track, State Champion in the High Hurdles, President of the Oklahoma Coaches Association, Region Football Coach of the Year Twice, HS Assistant Principal & Head Football Coach
- Family: Wife LaRonna, a teacher at WRJH, and 2 daughters Jayla and Jarreka
- Pets: 3 dogs
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family
- Community Involvement: Member of First Baptist Church where he serves as a deacon.
- Interesting fact: I had a 4.0 in my bachelor's degree.
- Book: Bootlegger's Boy
- Movie: Rocky
- Snack: Oreos and Milk
- Candy: Skittles
- Drink: Grape Juice
- Color: Red (Claremore Red)
- Vacation: Branson
- Team: Sooners and our ZEBRAS
- Quote: Cooperate and Graduate