Mr. Brian Key (aka Coach)
Position: Claremore High School Asst. Principal (Freshman) and CHS Football Coach
Career in education: 16 years and CPS for 15 years
Thank you to all of our assistant principals for their leadership and direction in educating our students! This week is National Asst. Principals Week and we are extremely proud of our dedicated school administrators and their work in creating safe and successful school cultures. These thoughtful leaders have been instrumental as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic, always putting students first.
Let’s get to know them a little better and join us in taking some time to thank our assistant principals for everything they do!
Mr. Brian Key (aka Coach)
Who is a mentor or role model who inspired you & why? I had great teachers and coaches as a High School student; my high school football coach Dickie Smith helped me believe I could do anything. My college coach inspired me to be everything he wasn't
What legacy do you want to leave here at CHS? I want to help young boys become gentlemen. I want boys to learn how to be great Men, great Husbands, great Fathers, great Leaders.
Who has been the most influential teacher in your career and why? Mrs. Garroutte was my department head when I taught and now our leader as a Principal. She makes me want to do better.
What sets CPS apart from other schools? We put kids first! I know other schools say they do it, but we really do.
What is your favorite memory at CHS? Watching my daughter graduate and handing her her diploma.
If you could tell the public anything about your job at CHS what would you want them to know? I get to interact with all students. My goal is to make that interaction a learning opportunity for the students and myself. I get to build positive relationships with a diverse group of students. I love the opportunity to positively impact kids I may never have the chance to meet in the classroom or on the football field.
Why did you choose to teach? - I teach to help students become better: better sons, daughters, husbands, wives, fathers, and mothers.
Why did you choose CPS? Claremore is an amazing place to raise children and live. We love Claremore. The family of educators truly cares about kids.
Get the deets…
- Degrees: Bachelors Business Administration from UCO and Masters Education from SWOSU
- Certifications: Secondary Principal, Business Education, Intermediate Mathematics, Mid-Level Math for High School Credit, and Career Tech Business
- Family: Married with 2 daughters and 2 sons
- Pets: English Bulldog - HoneyBun
- Hobbies Sports, Lifting weights, Harley Davidson Motorcycles, 60's and 70's Muscle Cars, Building Corn Hole Boards, and a Professional Santa.
- Community Involvement: Cedar Point church as an Usher, Life group leader, and Growth Track leader.
- Fun Fact: He is married to my grade school sweetheart.
- Book: Holy Bible
- Snack: Chips and Salsa
- Candy: Snickers
- Drink: Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic
- Color: Lava Red Sunglo / Medium Garnett Red Metallic
- Vacation: Anywhere with my family
- Teams: Claremore Zebras, OU Sooners, and Green Bay Packers
- Quote: God doesn't call us because we are great; he calls us because He is great!