Mr. Scott Scharabok
Position: Assistant Principal - Claremont Elementary
Career: Started teaching career in 2012 and began at CPS in 2018.
Thank you to all of our assistant principals for their leadership and direction in educating our students! This week is National Asst. Principals Week and we are extremely proud of our dedicated school administrators and their work in creating safe and successful school cultures. These thoughtful leaders have been instrumental as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic, always putting students first.
Let’s get to know them a little better and join us in taking some time to thank our assistant principals for everything they do!
Who is a mentor or role model who inspired you & why? Former Superintendent Dr. Keith Ballard is one of my role models. Through the years, Dr. Ballard has imparted his wisdom to me and countless others on how to be a leader. His personality and constant willingness to be present for anyone is something I strive for in life as a community leader.
What legacy do you want to leave here at Claremont? I would like to be remembered as a mentor to all of my students and staff. I want them to see me as someone who can be a listening ear when times are rough and a leader when they need guidance.
What sets Claremont apart from other schools? The atmosphere! There is not a more loving group of individuals in one place. We believe in picking up when the other is in need, truly believing the, "They are our students" mentality.
Favorite memory at Claremont? If I had to choose one, I would say the Claremont Carnival to begin the year. We see the Claremont community come together to create a fun and loving atmosphere. Students love to dunk our staff, including me, in a dunk tank, or put us all in "jail". Each year is always an amazing event with lasting memories.
If you could tell the public anything about your job at Claremont what would you want them to know? I could not be happier working at Claremont!
Why did you choose CPS? CPS chose me! The friendly environment and down-to-earth people made CPS the place for me.
Let’s get the deets…
- Degrees: B.S. Elementary Education, M.S. Special Education, Ed.D. Education Administration, Curriculum, and Supervision (2022)
- Certifications: Elementary Education, Mild & Moderate Disabilities, Intermediate Mathematics, Middle-Level Mathematics, Elementary Administration, Secondary Administration.
- Family: Wife: Hannah 2 Daughters Holland (4) and Evelynn (2) 2 Dogs Nitro a Golden Retriever and Rocky a Goldendoodle
- Hobbies: Running, Reading, Woodworking, Cooking
- Fun Fact: I have torn my ACL twice in my right knee
- Book: Lincoln on Leadership by Donald T. Phillips
- Movie: Good Will Hunting
- Candy: Gummy Bears/Worms
- Drink: Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
- Color: Purple and Orange
- Team: Anything OSU